Kim E. Woodard is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Georgia, specializing in individual and couples therapy. She maintains a private practice in Atlanta, Georgia. Kim has over 14 years experience as a counselor, and is a graduate of Loyola University Chicago.
Kim works with individuals and couples, young adult through elderly, for a range of issues. Her areas of experience include aging and care-giving, anxiety, depression, body image and eating issues, career concerns, communication, life coaching, loss or grief, life events/transitions, premarital, marital and couples counseling; stress managment, support for military familes; religious/spiritual concerns, and women's issues.
Kim's training in a variety of counseling techniques allows her to adapt her style to the uniqueness of her clients. The therapeutic work is based on a mutually respectful alliance. Kim provides both short and long term therapy according to the needs of the particular situation. She feels privileged to serve adults from all cultural, racial, religious, sexual orientation and socioeconomic groups. Her goal as a therapist is to provide a safe, confidential and nurturing environment, within which she can join with her clients on their journey towards emotional, relational, and spiritual health and wholeness.
Prior to going into private practice Kim was a Satellite Center Director and Staff Counselor for Care and Counseling Center of Georgia. Her wide-ranging background includes leadership and advisory positions for various other businesses and congregational ministries overseas and in the United States.
- Licensed Professional Counselor of Georgia - LPC #004340
- Distance Credentialed Counselor - DCC #1579
- Counseling Residency - Columbia Theological Seminary, Decatur, Georgia
- M.A. - Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- M.S. - Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- B.A. - Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
Additional Training includes:
- A Left Brain/Right Brain Approach to Recovery: An Overview of the Use of DBT and Imagery Work In Eating Disorder Treatment
- Distanced Credentialed Counselor Training - DCC
- Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy - The Gottman Institute
- Positive Psychology Interventions that Work: Applying the Science of Happiness
- Prepare/Enrich Certification: Building Stronger Marriages
- American Counseling Association - (ACA)
- Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia - LPCA